Product added to cart
Garrett GVW-40 Wastegate Kit 40mm
Free Shipping Over $199
Optimize Boost Control With The 40mm Garrett GVW-40 Wastegate
Vent exhaust gas around the turbine and precisely regulate turbocharger shaft speed on any racing turbocharger with Garrett's 40mm external wastegate kit GVW-40. Garrett worked tirelessly on these GVW wastegates (available as the GVW-40, GVW-45, and GVW-50). Originally the team thought it would be easy, but after digging into the design, and figuring out what it takes to truly make the best wastegate, the team ended up spending a full year designing the product.
The GVW-40 wastegate has been CFD tested for maximum flow, thermal efficiency, and durability. The Garrett GVW-40 valve body is cast from high-temp stainless steel and rated for exhaust temperatures up to 1050 degrees C. The design was specifically crafted so this wastegate stays dead consistent no matter the temperature year after year. This wastegate solution delivers the maximum flow possible (5% more than any competitor), giving you the best performance from your turbocharger and the most efficient output from your engine.
When it ships, the GVW-40 is set to 1 bar (14.5 psi). With the included springs, you can configure it from 0.2 bar (2.9 psi) to 1.7 bar (24.7 psi) base boost. Garret includes all fasteners, springs, fittings, V-bands, clamps, and flanges with this kit so you're ready to begin installation as soon as it arrives. Note: We recommend using the GVW-40 for twin-scroll dual wastegate applications.
Technology & Features
- CFD tested for maximum flow and thermal efficiency
- Superb durability thanks to optimized actuation stability and unrivaled temperature resistance
- Bushing components are fully-replaceable, increasing service life
- Easy Nomex diaphragm replacement
- Anodized aluminum top cap with optional watercooled actuator port
- Valve diameter: 40mm
- Valve mass: 1.27kg | 45 oz
- Maximum spring base pressure: 1.7 bar | 25psi (1:1 backpressure ratio)
- Minimum spring base pressure: .02 bar | 3psi (1:1 backpressure ratio)
- Port fitting, air: M10x1.0 to hose barb (hose ID 6mm | .25in)
- Port fitting, liquid: M8x1.0 to AN-3
- Valve housing: high-temp stainless steel rated up to 1050 degrees C
- Diaphragm: high-temp Nomex reinforced elastomer
- Actuator cover: fully-machined anodized 6061 aluminum
- Valve guide/bushing: Nitronic 60
- Valve: high-temp stainless steel with plated stem
- V-band: CNC machined 304 stainless steel
- Flanges: full-machined 304 stainless steel
- Springs: 17/7 PH stainless steel
- Maximum Exhaust Gas Temperature, peak: up to 1050 degrees C
- Maximum thermal stress (non-cooled): 270 degrees C actuator body temperature during thermal cycle testing
- Maximum thermal stress (watercooled): 130 degrees C body temp during thermal cycle testing
If you have questions about this product or its installation, contact us.
|Product Name||Garrett GVW-40 Wastegate Kit 40mm|
Write Your Own Review