Garrett G Series G42-1200 Turbo
Garrett G42-1200 Turbo
Garrett G42-1200 Turbo
Garrett G Series G42-1200 Twin Scroll or Single Scroll Turbo
Garrett’s all-new G42-1200 is the second-largest turbo in the G-Series in the G42 frame size. Carrying nothing over from the old gen GT/GTX, the 91mm G-series billet compressor wheel redefines what we thought was possible for a given airflow range, flowing +10% gain compared to the outgoing GTX42 turbo it supersedes.
A clean-slate ball bearing turbo design, G42 uses all new turbine wheel aero to achieve increased flow and +10% efficiency with no compromise. Max turbo speed is 118krpm and the max temp is 1050C/1922F. The G42 compact compressor housings use a traditional 5″ inlet and 3″ outlet with a fully machined speed sensor port. The improved ported shroud inlet design offers maximum surge resistance with huge flow rates in a compact outline. This turbo is sold as a complete assembly with supercore and turbine housing.
If you're looking for even more power than this turbo can offer, then Garrett offers the G42-1450 turbo which is worth checking out.
- Compressor Wheel Exducer: 73mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Trim: 65
- Compressor Wheel Material: Forged Billet Aluminum Alloy
- Compressor Housing A/R: 0.90 A/R
- Max Flow Rate: 115 lb/min
- Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 118,000 RPM
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4.0″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 3.0″ Hose Coupler
G42-1200 Compressor Map
- Turbine Wheel Exducer: 75mm
- Turbine Wheel Inducer: 82mm
- Turbine Wheel Trim: 84
- Turbine Wheel Material: Mar-M
- Turbine Wheel Max Temp: 1050C / 1922F
- Housing Size and A/R ratio: G-Series G42-1450 is available in six (6) different turbine housing configurations:
- 1.01 A/R T4 Twin Scroll Inlet, V-Band Outlet
- 1.15 A/R T4 Twin Scroll Inlet, V-Band Outlet
- 1.28 A/R T4 Twin Scroll Inlet, V-Band Outlet
- 1.01 A/R V-Band Inlet / Outlet
- 1.15 A/R V-Band Inlet / Outlet
- 1.28 A/R V-Band Inlet / Outlet
G42-1200 Turbine Flow
Dual Ball Bearing CHRA
This improves the ease of installation, clocking, and servicing of the turbo. Each turbocharger includes (1) -4AN oil restrictor fitting with a 1mm restriction orifice to provide the turbo with the recommended 40psi of oil pressure. Four large water jacket ports increase cooling capacity and allow enthusiasts to customize water line routing to help improve the installation process. The turbocharger comes with two -6AN water fittings and two plugs. We recommend you install waterlines on opposite sides of the housing.
G-Series Turbine Wheel and Housing
Optional Turbo Speed Sensor
About Garrett G-Series Series Turbochargers
Garrett G-Series turbochargers are designed specifically for hard-core enthusiasts who want optimal performance. The forged fully-machined billet aluminum compressor wheels feature next-generation aerodynamics that provides a larger horsepower range and maximize boost response.
Ported shroud compressor housings increase surge resistance and provide reliable, continuous power throughout the power band. A dual ceramic ball bearing cartridge prolongs the lifespan and improves shaft balance. The water cooled CHRA keeps housing temperatures to a minimum. The turbine wheel is constructed from Inconel, a Super Alloy that maintains strength during prolonged exposure to high exhaust gas temperatures.
If you have questions about this product or its installation, contact us.
For SHOP OWNERs
& KIT BUILDERs
Full-Race Motorsports is the most
trusted name in turbocharging.