Garrett G Series G42-1200 Turbo
Garrett G42-1200 Dual Ball Bearing Turbo
Garrett G42-1200 Dual Ball Bearing Turbo
GARRETT G42-1200 TURBOCHARGER
GARRETT G42-1200 DUAL BALL BEARING TURBO
The Garrett G-Series G42-1200 is designed for 2.0L-7.0L engines. As the name suggests, this turbocharger is capable of supporting 1200 BHP. Featuring the latest in turbocharger aerodynamics, these turbos provide legendary performance and reliability for your vehicle. Call our Turbo Experts for help deciding which turbocharger is right for you.
GARRETT G-SERIES G42-1200 COMPRESSOR MAP
GARRETT G-SERIES G42-1200 TURBINE FLOW MAP
GARRETT G SERIES FEATURES
- Ultra High Flow G-Series Turbine Wheel
- Advanced aerodynamics G Series Compressor Wheel
- Fully machined speed sensor and pressure ports
- Oil restrictor and water fittings included with purchase
- One piece center housing and backplate for increased durability
- Standard Package
- Four water jacket ports for customizable installation
- Ball Bearing CHRA Rotating Assembly
- Standard & Compact options available
- Mar-M turbine wheel material rated up to 1050° C | 1922° F
- Stainless steel turbine housings for temperatures up to 950° C | 1742° F
- +10% More Horsepower & Quicker Spool over comparable competitive turbochargers.
GARRETT G SERIES TURBINE WHEEL
Featuring the latest advanced ultra high flow aerodynamic designs with the Garrett G Series Turbine Wheel, the G Series models offer previously unobtainable improvements in spool and power levels by frame sizeThe G-Series Turbine wheel is constructed of Mar-M super alloy material. This material is designed to withstand up to 1050° C - that’s 200 degrees more than inconel turbine wheels! The newly engineered turbine wheel with optimized G Series aerodynamics increases flow up to 10% (Compared to GTX Gen II).
CERAMIC DUAL BALL BEARING
An oil restrictor is recommended for optimal performance with ball bearing turbochargers.The G42 turbochargers utilize a 10mm dual ball bearing cartridge (same as GTX42). An oil pressure of 40 – 45 psi at maximum engine speed is recommended to prevent damage to the turbocharger’s internals. In order to achieve this pressure, a restrictor with a 0.040” orifice will normally suffice, but you should always verify the oil pressure entering the turbo after the restrictor to ensure that the components are functioning properly. Recommended oil feed is -3AN or -4AN line or hose/tubing with a similar ID. As always, use an oil filter that meets or exceeds the OEM specifications.
GARRETT G SERIES COMPRESSOR WHEEL
Computer designed and fully CNC machined, the forged G Series compressor wheel and new aerodynamics design increases maximum horsepower output up to +30%. The new aero design increases peak flow and offers higher power levels within a large operating RPM range.
GARRETT® G SERIES TURBINE HOUSINGS
G Series turbine housings feature standard Garrett stainless steel material. The V-band CHRA to Turbine Housing interface offers a full 360 degree rotation. G42-1200 is offered with stainless steel turbine housings in the below date:
• Supports up to 1200 horsepower
• 73mm compressor inducer | 91mm compressor exducer
• 82mm turbine inducer | 75mm turbine exducer
• 10% more turbine flow (compared to GTX) see graph below
• One-piece aluminum center housing
• 10mm ceramic dual ball bearing cartridge
• Outline interchangeable with GTX Gen II turbosGTX and GT housings not interchangeable.
• Stainless Steel turbine kit sold individually.
• T4 Inlet: 1.01 A/R, 1.15 A/R, 1.28 A/R.
• V-Band Inlet: 1.01 A/R, 1.15 A/R, 1.28 A/R.
G42-1200 (73mm Compressor Inducer) 860778-5004S
Looking for a way to protect your turbo or exhaust manifold and improve its efficiency at the same time? Our in-house ceramic exhaust coating does both! Available in black or silver, these 2000+ degree ceramic coatings look great and provide an extra layer of protection against corrosion. By coating the exterior surfaces of your turbo hot side or manifold you retain the heat and energy in the exhaust, not in your engine bay. Improving under-hood temps and increasing efficiency with improved turbo spool are great reasons to add these coatings. Please note that ceramic coating is completed in-house and will add an additional lead time of 1-2 weeks to your order.
GARRETT G42-1200 R34 GTR
UNLEASH YOUR PERFORMANCE POTENTIAL
Looking to ensure you get the perfect turbo for your unique application the first time? Full-Race is here to help. Our customized turbo matching and system integration services use accurate operating parameter plotting to eliminate guesswork and trial and error. As turbocharging continues to grow globally, our unwavering commitment to high standards ensures unrivaled quality, reliability, and performance. Email us at email@example.com or call us at (602) 437-2101 to find out how we can help you achieve your goals.
For SHOP OWNERs
& KIT BUILDERs
Full-Race Motorsports is the most
trusted name in turbocharging.