Product added to cart
2015+ F150 Ford F150 & Raptor EcoBoost Intercooler Kit
Free Shipping Over $199
Improve Cooling Performance With The Full-Race Ford F-150 & Raptor V2 Intercooler Kit
The Full-Race V2 Intercooler is the strongest and highest flowing intercooler ever developed for the Gen2 Raptor and F-150 EcoBoost. Featuring aerodynamic cast end tanks with internal flow dividers supporting a 1000cfm flow rate (70% more internal flow area than stock), and <1psi pressure drop at 700+hp airflow levels. The stock EcoBoost intercooler location is less than ideal for cooling, but it also doesn’t help if you’re planning to install a winch, steel bumper, or run a snowplow, while our Intercooler allows for installation of all the above. Each and every unit is leak tested to 50psi (even small pinhole leaks can cause loss of power.)
- 2015+ Ford F-150 Ecoboost 3.5L and 2.7L, 17+ Raptor (Gen 3 Raptor & F-150 fitment confirmed)
- May fit other applications with slight modifications
F-150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse, high strength and durability are critical. Whether upgrading for increased performance or adding a winch / prerunner bumper—intercooler upgrades are the recommended first modification for turbocharged EcoBoost engines.
Also known as the CAC (charge air cooler), the stock F-150 CAC is located below the radiator in the lower front grille area. The OEM EcoBoost intercooler uses a thin aluminum core crimped to plastic end tanks, allowing ‘heatsoak’ (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power. The stock intercooler can not fit an aftermarket bumper and it can’t handle increased airflow from larger turbos or a tuned F-150 with stock turbos.
In comparison, we use an aerospace quality intercooler core and our end tanks are expertly TIG welded in precise fixtures. The lower support beam is hand-fabricated from high-strength steel and then powder-coated black. Using a 3″ inlet and a 3″ outlet, the cold side charge pipe is available with water/meth bungs as requested.
Solidworks CAD optimized end tanks, with internal flow diverter:
Ford F-150 / Raptor EcoBoost Front Mount Intercooler Kit Features:
- High-efficiency core designed specifically for the 2.7L and 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- CFD optimized high-strength cast end tanks using ANSYS software
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings – no tuning required
- Optional Black Coating available for a stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F-150s to use an off-road pre-runner bumper
- Allows fitment of approved snowplow mounts and other accessories, WARN Winch Compatible using Swarfworks Bracket
Full-Race’s Ford F-150 EcoBoost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit Includes
- Front Mount Intercooler core with >1000cfm flow rate (70% more internal flow area than stock), using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (larger than the stock 6.5mm size) for <1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels. 17.8L internal volume
- Intercooler Lower Mounting Beam
- Intercooler Upper Mounting Bracket
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- Couplers and Clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
- Adaptive Cruise Control Relocation Bracket (If specified)
- Optional Black Coating
Turbosmart Vee Port EM BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
Turbosmart won the coveted SEMA Award for Performance-Street New Product in 2018 with this product. This BOV combines complete electronic control and integration with a mechanical BOV.
Turbosmart Smart Port BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
Turbosmart’s Smart Port blow-off valve system is a direct fit mechanical BOV upgrade for Ford Ecoboost F150. It features all aircraft-grade aluminum alloy construction meaning cracking and leaking even under increased boost levels will never be an issue.
In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine, causing a misfire event. A vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler, can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine’s throttle body. The 2015+ eBOV may leak boost above 22psi, so we strongly recommend using a mechanical BOV for upgraded turbo applications
“The cooler intake air temperatures have resulted in significant power gains on the dyno.” – Tom S.
“The Full-Race Intercooler WORKS. The data showed a drop from 190F IAT2 to almost ambient on a 100% stock truck, changing only the cooler.” –Matt A. (SCT/Bullydog lead EcoBoost calibrator)
“I just wanted to let you guys know that y’all make a great product. The workmanship is outstanding, the welds are on point, and the intercooler is just plain badass! I have a 2011 EcoBoost and I opted for the BOV—it sounds awesome!! I also polished it to a mirror finish, looks great behind my black grille. thanks again.”
“I thought I would send some pics of the intercooler on my truck if you needed anymore for advertising. This thing is amazing and keeps my IAT2 temps within 1* of ambient air temps no matter how it is hot outside. I truly love the product and how it looks on the truck also. Thanks." – Don Y
If you have questions about this product or its installation, contact us.
|Product Name||2015+ F150 Ford F150 & Raptor EcoBoost Intercooler Kit|
Write Your Own Review