Turbosmart V-Series Ultra Gate 38mm Wastegate
WHAT IS A WASTEGATE
HOW A WASTEGATE WORKS
WHAT IS AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE?
- Advanced flow technology, making our wastegate range high flowing to suit all applications
- Unrivalled heat handling capacity. Lab tested and race proven.
- A solid, one-piece coated valve
- Advanced silicone Nomex diaphragm
WHEN IS AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE NEEDED
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT TURBOSMART WASTEGATES
- Turbosmart wastegates offer superior flow path and high temperature resistance. They are designed and manufactured using the latest technologies.
- Turbosmart wastegates are market leaders in their sectors, outperforming and outlasting the competition.
- Used on thousands of race cars, boats and plane around the world, they are used and recommended by a number of World Champions.
The Ultra-Gate38 is a 38mm external wastegate for applications which utilize a 2 bolt WG. Designed with minimum size and maximum flow in mind, the new Ultra-Gate38 is smaller and lighter than the previous model and features Turbosmart’s unique locking collar design for quicker spring changes and a one piece, stainless steel valve.
The Ultra-Gate38 Features:
- 38mm valve size
- Popular 2-bolt flange fitting to suit 1 5/8” OD pipe
- Locking collar for compact size and easy spring changes
Suitable for older turbocharged vehicles with a 2 bolt 38mm external wastegate. Flanges suit 1.50” outside diameter pipe.
Supplied with valve seat, gaskets, all the necessary nuts and bolts, 2 x 1/8″ NPT Vacuum Fittings, Blanking Plugs, Collar removal tool. Kit Builder Packs available to customer specifications.
NEW V-SERIES WASTEGATE RANGE
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
This external wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All possible spring combinations are shown in the table below. The tuner can use a combinations of up to 3 springs to achieve the desired base boost pressure. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied color coded. If this color coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. Take note of the instructions on setting your wastegate actuator spring pressure, 2-3mm total preload. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired.
If a 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
If a 4 port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
For more information and or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) FULLRACE