38mm Turbosmart Gen V Ultra Gate Wastegate
The Ultra-Gate38 is a 38mm external wastegate for applications which utilize the traditional 2 bolt WG aka “deltagate flange”. Designed with minimum size and maximum flow in mind, the new Ultra-Gate38 is smaller and lighter than the previous model. The Gen V features Turbosmart’s unique locking collar design for quicker spring changes and a one piece, stainless steel valve.
The Ultra-Gate38 Features:
- 38mm valve size
- Popular 2-bolt flange fitting to suit 1 5/8” OD dump tube
- Locking collar for compact size and easy spring changes
- Solid, one-piece coated valve
- Advanced silicone Nomex diaphragm
For use on older turbocharged vehicles with a 2 bolt 38mm “Delta Gate” external wastegate. Inlet Flanges suit 1.50” outside diameter pipe.
Supplied with valve seat, gaskets, all the necessary nuts and bolts, 2 x 1/8″ NPT Vacuum Fittings, Blanking Plugs, Collar removal tool. Spring options available to customer specifications.
NEW Gen V Wastegate Background
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
This external wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All possible spring combinations are shown in the table below. The tuner can use a combinations of up to 3 springs to achieve the desired base boost pressure. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied color coded. If this color coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired.
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
For more information and or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) FULLRACE