50mm Turbosmart Gen V Pro-Gate Wastegate – Limited Edition Sleeper Version Available
Turbosmart’s legendary 50mm external wastegate is updated to Gen V spec. Combining a compact body, superior flow path and high temperature resistance, the Pro-Gate50 is the highest flowing and largest valve WG in its class. Much smaller external dimensions than comparable 60mm gates allow for improved fitment with almost as much flow through the 2.0″ dump tube. The Pro Gate’s shielded diaphragm housing ensures excellent heat handling capabilities for longevity in the most demanding applications.
The Pro-Gate 50 Features:
- 50mm valve size
- V-band clamps to suit 2” OD dump tube
- Solid, one-piece coated valve
- Advanced silicone Nomex diaphragm
- Locking collar for compact size and easy spring changes
- Available in Motorsport and Compressed Gas versions
Suitable for high performance turbocharged engines with an external wastegate turbo system. Suits 2.00” outside diameter pipe. Fits older-style Pro-Gate48 and Power-Gate50 flanges.
7psi outer spring (fitted), 10 psi middle spring, inlet and outlet weld flanges and V-band clamps, valve seat and 2 x 1/8 NPT vacuum fittings. Spring options available to customer specifications.
NEW Gen V Wastegate Background:.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
This external wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All possible spring combinations are shown in the table below. The tuner can use a combinations of up to 3 springs to achieve the desired base boost pressure. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied color coded. If this color coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired.
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
For more information and or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) FULLRACE