60mm Turbosmart Gen V WG60 Power-Gate Wastegate
The Gen-V 60mm is Turbosmart’s largest external wastegate. With a massive 60mm flow path and high temperature resistance the Power-Gate 60 can stop boost creep for ridiculously high flowing setups. We typically do not recommend a wastegate this big for most applications, but if stopping boost creep is the priority… this monster will do it.
The Power-Gate 60 Features:
- 60mm valve size
- V-band clamps to suit 2 1/2” OD pipe
- solid, one-piece coated valve
- Advanced silicone Nomex diaphragm
- Locking collar for compact size and easy spring changes
- Available in Motorsport and Compressed Gas versions
APPLICATION: Suitable for extreme performance turbocharged engines with ample space to fit a giant wastegate. Suits 2.50” dump tube
SUPPLIED WITH: 7psi outer spring (fitted), 10 psi middle spring, inlet and outlet weld flanges and V-band clamps, valve seat and 2 x 1/8 NPT vacuum fittings. Spring options available to customer specifications.
NEW Gen V Wastegate Background
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
This external wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All possible spring combinations are shown in the table below. The tuner can use a combinations of up to 3 springs to achieve the desired base boost pressure. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied color coded. If this color coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired.
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
For more information and or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) FULLRACE