45mm Turbosmart Gen V Hyper Gate Wastegate
Turbosmart’s Hyper-Gate 45 is a 45mm external wastegate designed with compact size and maximum flow in mind. Smaller and lighter than the previous model, the new Hyper-Gate45 features Turbosmart’s unique locking collar designed for reduced size and quicker spring changes.
The Hyper-Gate 45 Features:
- 45mm valve size
- V-band clamp mounting system to suit 1 7/8” OD dump tube
- Locking collar for compact size and easy spring changes
- Solid, one-piece coated valve
- Advanced silicone Nomex diaphragm
- Available in Motorsport and Compressed Gas versions
Fits all popular 44mm flanges. Suitable for medium-large capacity engines with medium frame turbochargers systems -or- to be used as twin wastegate configuration for high power twinscroll setups.
Supplied with Inlet and outlet weld flanges and V-Band clamps, valve seat, 2 x 1/16 NPT pressure nipples, 2 x 1/16 NPT Blanks, Collar removal tool. Spring options available to customer specifications.
NEW Gen V Wastegate Background
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
This external wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All possible spring combinations are shown in the table below. The tuner can use a combinations of up to 3 springs to achieve the desired base boost pressure. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied color coded. If this color coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired.
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
For more information and or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) FULLRACE