Product added to cart
Precision PTE Pro Series 66mm CO2 Wastegate Next Precision PTE PW46 46mm Water Cooled Wastegate Previous
Precision PTE 46mm PW46 Wastegate
Precision Turbo PW46 46mm External Wastegate
- PRICE MATCH AVAILABLE
Precision Turbo PW46 46mm External Wastegate
Precision Turbo and Engine's high-quality yet economical PW46 46mm external wastegate is perfect for the automotive enthusiast looking to get the most from their turbocharged car, truck or any other vehicle. With over 60 years of combined turbocharger development and racing experience, we at Precision Turbo take great pride in providing you with the best external wastegate on the market today. The PW46 is made from high grade, high temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components. It features our own purpose designed Kevlar reinforced wastegate diaphragm and a 347 stainless investment cast valve body. Our investment cast valve body has a smooth internal surface, giving you better flow and more accurate boost control. Our PW46 was designed to be a direct replacement for other existing 44mm wastegate flanges, but will work best with the flange provided. The PW46 features a Nickel Chromium Alloy valve and 5 different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs. Also included are stainless steel inlet and outlet flanges. With a satin black anodized, 6061 aluminum billet wastegate cap you will have years of good looks and protection from the elements. The PW46 is generally compatible with most aftermarket manual and electronic boost controllers on the market today.
PW46 External Wastegate Features:
- High grade, high temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components for the best in strength, style and functionality at an affordable price
- A 347 stainless investment cast valve body to provide consistent performance without fatigue or failure while also allowing for accurate boost control
- An internal Nickel Chromium Alloy valve
- 5 different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs for further adjustment of boost levels
- Standard bolt-style flange configuration for easy mounting
- A satin black anodized finish with 6061 aluminum billet cap
- All clamps necessary for installation
PW46 External Wastegate Overview:
Your PW46 wastegate, controls turbocharger boost by bypassing turbine inlet exhaust gas via a spring loaded valve diaphragm assembly. Spring rate, in conjunction with boost pressure signal, and back pressure, control the opening point of the wastegate valve. Once the spring rate has been over come, the valve will open. This causes exhaust flow to be diverted away from the turbine side of the turbocharger, effectively slowing and/or stabilizing the turbine wheels’ speed. This stabilization results in a smooth and steady boost pressure level, created by the compressor wheel of the turbocharger. Open pressure of the valve can be controlled via spring rate and or a boost controller, such as a manual boost controller or an electronic boost controller.
[gallery link="file" size="full" ids="68674,68675,68673"]
PW46 External Wastegate Installation Instructions:
Note: The optimum mounting and placement of your new PW46 wastegate will be determined by your manifold and turbocharger configuration. These notes should be considered when installing your new wastegate.
- The PW46 wastegate is compatible with Tials 44MM wastegate weld flange, for a trouble free bolt on replacement.
- Be sure to install the valve seat into the body of the wastegate before final installation.
- Tighten the supplied bolts to 85-90 inch /lbs (9.6 – 10.2 Newton meters).
- In order to assure proper boost control, your PW46 wastegate needs to be mounted at a smooth transitional angle with the exhaust flow. 90° mounting onto exhaust tubing is NOT recommended. Refer to diagrams below.
- Inlet and Outlet flanges are constructed of, 304 stainless steel and are compatible with most stainless steel and mild steel welding rod material.
- It is recommended to secure all vacuum and or boost control hoses securely with zip ties or cushioned clamps. Route all vacuum hoses away from high heat sources such as the turbine housing and exhaust manifold.
- Your PW46 wastegate includes two hose barb banjo assemblies and one pressure port cap. Allowing you to install the lower hose barb banjo assembly in one of two locations, depending on your wastegate mounting position.
- Allow for cool airflow around the top billet wastegate cover.
- Use caution when working on a hot engine. Wastegate and turbocharger components are EXTREMELY HOT and can cause severe burns.
- Wastegate outlet can be routed back into the exhaust system or vented to atmosphere. Note that venting to atmosphere only applies to OFF ROAD VEHICLES. Venting wastegate exhaust to atmosphere may be ILLEGAL and considered to be emissions related tampering under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
The PTE PW46 external wastegate is designed to be a direct fit replacement for other units on the market and is compatible with most aftermarket manual or electronic boost controllers for ease of use.
As an added bonus, all 46mm Precision Turbo PW46 wastegates are warranted to be free from manufacturer's defect for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles!
Included In The Box:
If a 4 port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
|Product Name||Precision PTE 46mm PW46 Wastegate|
Write Your Own Review