Precision Turbo PW39 39mm External Wastegate
Precision Turbo and Engine’s high-quality yet economical PW39 39mm external wastegate is perfect for the automotive enthusiast looking to get the most from their turbocharged car, truck or any other vehicle. With over 60 years of combined turbocharger development and racing experience, we at Precision Turbo take great pride in providing you with the best external wastegate on the market today. The PW39 is made from high grade, high temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components. It features our own purpose designed Kevlar reinforced wastegate diaphragm and a 347 stainless investment cast valve body. Our investment cast valve body has a smooth internal surface, giving you better flow and more accurate boost control. Our PW39 was designed to be a direct replacement for other existing 38mm wastegate flanges, but will work best with the flange provided. The PW39 features a Nickel Chromium Alloy valve and 5 different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs. Also included are stainless steel inlet and outlet flanges. With a satin black anodized, 6061 aluminum billet wastegate cap you will have years of good looks and protectionfrom the elements. The PW39 is generally compatible with most aftermarket manual and electronic boost controllers on the market today.
PW39 External Wastegate Features:
- High grade, high temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components for the best in strength, style and functionality at an affordable price
- A 347 stainless investment cast valve body to provide consistent performance without fatigue or failure while also allowing for accurate boost control
- An internal Nickel Chromium Alloy valve
- 5 different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs for further adjustment of boost levels
- Standard bolt-style flange configuration for easy mounting
- A satin black anodized finish with 6061 aluminum billet cap
PW39 External Wastegate Overview:
PW39 External Wastegate Installation Instructions:
- The PW39 wastegate is compatible with Tials 38MM wastegate weld flange, for a trouble free bolt on replacement.
- Be sure to install the valve seat into the body of the wastegate before final installation.
- Tighten the supplied bolts to 85-90 inch /lbs (9.6 – 10.2 Newton meters).
- In order to assure proper boost control, your PW39 wastegate needs to be mounted at a smooth transitional angle with the exhaust flow. 90° mounting onto exhaust tubing is NOT recommended. Refer to diagrams below.
- Inlet and Outlet flanges are constructed of, 304 stainless steel and are compatible with most stainless steel and mild steel welding rod material.
- It is recommended to secure all vacuum and or boost control hoses securely with zip ties or cushioned clamps. Route all vacuum hoses away from high heat sources such as the turbine housing and exhaust manifold.
- Your PW39 wastegate includes two hose barb banjo assemblies and one pressure port cap. Allowing you to install the lower hose barb banjo assembly in one of two locations, depending on your wastegate mounting position.
- Allow for cool airflow around the top billet wastegate cover.
- Use caution when working on a hot engine. Wastegate and turbocharger components are EXTREMELY HOT and can cause severe burns.
- Wastegate outlet can be routed back into the exhaust system or vented to atmosphere. Note that venting to atmosphere only applies to OFF ROAD VEHICLES. Venting wastegate exhaust to atmosphere may be ILLEGAL and considered to be emissions related tampering under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
PW39 External Wastegate Disassembly:
PW39 External Wastegate Boost Control:
The PTE PW39 external wastegate is designed to be a direct fit replacement for other units on the market and is compatible with most aftermarket manual or electronic boost controllers for ease of use.
As an added bonus, all 39mm Precision Turbo PW39 wastegates are warranted to be free from manufacturer’s defect for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles!
Included In The Box:
If a 4 port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels