Precision Turbo Pro Series CO2 66mm External Wastegate
Precision Turbo and Engine’s high-quality yet economical CO2 66mm Pro Series external wastegate was designed specifically for use with CO2-based boost control systems. The wastegate offers quicker response time, accuracy, and durability under the high pressure demands of CO2 actuation, when compared to standard wastegate designs. With over 60 years of combined turbocharger development and racing experience, we at Precision Turbo take great pride in providing you with the best external wastegate on the market today. The Pro Series CO2 66mm Wastegate is made from high grade, high temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components. It features our own purpose designed Kevlar reinforced wastegate diaphragm and a 347 stainless investment cast valve body. Our investment cast valve body has a smooth internal surface, giving you better flow and more accurate boost control. The Pro Series CO2 66mm Wastegate features a Nickel Chromium Alloy valve and 5 different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs. Also included are stainless steel inlet and outlet flanges. With a satin black anodized, 6061 aluminum billet wastegate cap you will have years of good looks and protection from the elements. The Pro Series CO2 66mm Wastegate is generally compatible with most aftermarket manual and electronic boost controllers on the market today.
Pro Series CO2 66mm External Wastegate Features:
- High grade, high temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components for the best in strength, style and functionality at an affordable price
- A 347 stainless investment cast valve body to provide consistent performance without fatigue or failure while also allowing for accurate boost control
- An internal Nickel Chromium Alloy valve
- 3 individual ports (2 on the bottom can and 1 on the top can)
- Several different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs for further adjustment of boost levels
- A V-band clamp which holds the wastegate cap to the main body structure and allows for an infinite number of wastegate port location positions
- Unique, stabilizing “Precision Pins” which prevent the inlet and outlet flange from spinning
- A satin black anodized finish with 6061 aluminum billet cap
- All clamps necessary for installation
Pro Series CO2 66mm External Wastegate Overview:
Pro Series CO2 66mm External Wastegate Installation Instructions:
- Be sure to install the valve seat into the body of the wastegate before final installation.
- Tighten the supplied bolts to 85-90 inch /lbs (9.6 – 10.2 Newton meters).
- In order to assure proper boost control, your Pro Series CO2 66mm Wastegate needs to be mounted at a smooth transitional angle with the exhaust flow. 90° mounting onto exhaust tubing is NOT recommended. Refer to diagrams below.
- Inlet and Outlet flanges are constructed of, 304 stainless steel and are compatible with most stainless steel and mild steel welding rod material.
- It is recommended to secure all vacuum and or boost control hoses securely with zip ties or cushioned clamps. Route all vacuum hoses away from high heat sources such as the turbine housing and exhaust manifold.
- Your Pro Series CO2 66mm Wastegate includes two hose barb banjo assemblies and one pressure port cap. Allowing you to install the lower hose barb banjo assembly in one of two locations, depending on your wastegate mounting position.
- Allow for cool airflow around the top billet wastegate cover.
- Use caution when working on a hot engine. Wastegate and turbocharger components are EXTREMELY HOT and can cause severe burns.
- Wastegate outlet can be routed back into the exhaust system or vented to atmosphere. Note that venting to atmosphere only applies to OFF ROAD VEHICLES. Venting wastegate exhaust to atmosphere may be ILLEGAL and considered to be emissions related tampering under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Pro Series CO2 66mm External Wastegate Disassembly:
Pro Series CO2 66mm External Wastegate Boost Control:
The PTE Pro Series CO2 66mm external wastegate is designed to be a direct fit replacement for other units on the market and is compatible with most aftermarket manual or electronic boost controllers for ease of use.
As an added bonus, all 66mm Precision Turbo Pro Series CO2 66mm Wastegates are warranted to be free from manufacturer’s defect for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles!
Included In The Box:
If a 4 port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels