Ford F-150 EcoBoost Oil Cooler Kit
The old saying “Oil is the lifeblood of your engine” is as true today as ever. Modern high-performance production engines are critically dependant upon cool oil to avoid efficiency and power robbing wear. The OEM cooling system does a great job – but it can be overtaxed, especially on high performance applications, off-road racing, or towing a heavy load up steep hills. When your engine coolant gets hot, the oil subsequently overheats also. Hot oil degrades and breaks down, losing viscosity and lubricity. Using a high efficiency Setrab Air-to-Oil heat exchanger core, this kit can remove 30,000-35,000+ btu/hr from Ford Ecoboost V6’s, 3.7L V6s, and 5.0L V8’s.
- Setrab oil cooler core (fully brazed construction with black epoxy finish)
- Thermostat controlled oil filter sandwhich-adapter
- -10 smooth bore hose with 5 ply composite construction, rated to 400-degrees F, burst pressure >1000psi
- Black powdercoated mounting bracket for F150 front bumper
- Installation kit includes -AN Fittings and bolts/washers/nuts
Whether you tow or race off-road, we realize many truck owners use their vehicles for short trips as well as heavy hauls. So, we integrated a thermostat into the sandwhich filter housing. Similar to the thermostat in your water-cooling system, this thermostat will not open until the engine reaches full operating temp. Its equally important to not ‘over-cool’ the oil upon startup in winter time for cold low-load driving as it is to not overheat the oil during hot high-load driving!
- 2011-2014 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoostV6
- 2010-2014 Ford F-150 3.7L V6
- 2011-2014 Ford F-150 5.0L V8
- 2010-2014 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 – mounting bracket TBD
- 2010-2014 Ford Mustang 5.0L V8 – mounting bracket TBD
For more information and or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- (866) FULLRACE