Ford EcoBoost Mustang and Focus RS / ST Balance Shaft Delete Plug
Ford’s 2.3L and 2.0L EcoBoost engines come from the factory with an 18lb lump of rotating counterweights called balance shafts. This contraption spins inside the oilpan, reducing vibrations and harmonics inherent to Inline-4 engines. Our Balance Shaft Delete Plug is a direct bolt-on installation which allows the removal of the shafts letting the engine to rev more freely and safely increase oil capacity. Aside from a small increase in NHV, there are no adverse effects caused by removing the balance shafts. This is a mandatory upgrade if you will build the bottom end of your block!
Ford EcoBoost Mustang and Focus ST Balance Shaft Delete Features
- Reduces engine rotating mass, Improves throttle response
- Increases oil capacity by 1 quart
- Precision CNC machined from 1 piece Billet Aluminum, with black anodize and FR Logo
- Direct Plug-and-Play – Drop the oil Pan, remove the balance shafts, insert delete.
- 1-2 hour install time for FWD, 2-3 hour intall time for RWD
- Also Fits: Fusion, Focus, Escape, Mazda 3, Mazda 6, Mazdaspeed and non-EcoBoost Duratec Engines
The stock balance shafts are driven off the crank at 2x the speed of the engine. They create a harmonic that is 180 degrees out of phase with the engine, and cancel out vibrations and NVH from the engine. However, it has a parasitic affect on the engine and removing it has a similar effect to installing a lighter weight flywheel. Revs will rise and fall faster as well as more power will be reaching the wheels. Vibration increase can be felt only during very light load part-throttle-acceleration. There is no change felt during idle, part throttle cruise or WOT.
For more information and or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]-Race.com
- (866) FULLRACE