1999-2000 Honda Civic Si EM1 B-Series ProStreet Traction Bar
Full-Race EM1 traction bars are designed for road or drag race 99-00 Civic Si and 96-00 civic with 1 piece front lower control arms. This part is a must for all civics seeking to increase traction, lower 60 ft times, and eliminate wheel hop.
Key engineered features include:
- Bolt on installation, no welding required.
- Will accomodate large downpipes and or headers.
- Designed with PERFECT suspension geometry, will not cause binding.
- Aluminum knurled radius arms allow for quick and easy caster adjustment.
- DOM crossbar is hand fabricated and precision welded.
- Full Race Traction bars are CAD designed. They are engineered with a factor of safety (FOS) of 3.2, meaning they are 3.2 times stronger than they need to be.
Full-Race recommends using the traction bars to gently pull the LCA towards the front of the car, just 1 or 2 turns. This allows a slight increase in caster, even from Left to Right
- There is approximately a 6mm / 1/4″ variation of production tolerance from honda civic and integra tow hook brackets. We build the traction bars to fit all chassis, and there is absolutely nothing at all wrong with tightening the hardware without washers. the tow hook brackets will flex outward and the traction rod connection points remain centered
- The “U” shaped Clevis is purposely oversized. This allows for easy installation of the heim joint + 2 misalignment spacers. Tighten it down once everything is installed and the “U” will compress into place
This picture shows how the DC/EG/EK traction bar clevis MUST be mounted in line and level with the lower control arm.
DO NOT mount the clevis perpendicular to the control arm (like this) or any orientation other than in line and level with the lower control arm.
**Click on thumbnail pictures above for larger images**