Garrett G Series G42-1200 Twin Scroll or Single Scroll Turbo
The Most Powerful Mid Frame Turbo On The Market
Garrett’s all new G42 represents the largest turbo in the 2019 G-Series turbocharger lineup. A clean-slate ball bearing turbo design, G42 uses all new turbine wheel aero to achieve increased flow and +10% efficiency with no compromise. Carrying nothing over from the old gen GT/GTX – the G-series billet compressor wheel redefines what we thought was possible for a given airflow range, flowing +10% gain compared to the outgoing GTX42 turbo it supercedes. Max turbo speed is 118krpm and max temp is 1050C/1922F. G42 Compact compressor housings use a traditional 5″ inlet and 3″ outlet with fully machined Speed Sensor Port. The Improved ported shroud inlet design offers maximum surge-resistance with huge flow rates in a compact outline. Sold as Complete Assembly with Supercore and Turbine Housing.
G42-1200 Compact Compressor Map
- Compressor Wheel Exducer: 73mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Trim: 65
- Compressor Wheel Material: Forged Billet Aluminum Alloy
- Compressor Housing A/R: 0.90 A/R
- Max Flow Rate: 115 lb/min
- Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 118,000 RPM
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4.0″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 3.0″ Hose Coupler
- Turbine Wheel Exducer: 75mm
- Turbine Wheel Inducer: 82mm
- Turbine Wheel Trim: 84
- Turbine Wheel Material: Mar-M
- Turbine Wheel Max Temp: 1050C / 1922F
- Housing Size and A/R ratio: G-Series G42-1450 is available in six (6) different turbine housing configurations:
- 1.01 A/R T4 Twin Scroll Inlet, V-Band Outlet
- 1.15 A/R T4 Twin Scroll Inlet, V-Band Outlet
- 1.28 A/R T4 Twin Scroll Inlet, V-Band Outlet
- 1.01 A/R V-Band Inlet / Outlet
- 1.15 A/R V-Band Inlet / Outlet
- 1.28 A/R V-Band Inlet / Outlet
Understanding the Name: A new name designates a new generation of industry leading technology and innovation.
“G” designates 81 years of Garrett® Turbo heritage.
“42″ classifies the frame size.
The remaining 3 digits identify the “max horsepower” rating at the flywheel of the turbocharger. (ie 1200)
Available in standard rotation and reverse rotation options for enthusiasts that want the perfect twin turbo installation or a single reverse rotation turbo for applications with installation restrictions. The CFD (computational fluid dynamics) engineered compressor wheel increases air flow up to 15% for 60mm with 79-80% efficiency. (Compared to GTX GenII)
Dual Ball Bearing CHRA
This improves ease of installation, clocking and servicing the turbo. Each turbocharger includes (1) -4AN oil restrictor fitting with a 1mm restriction orifice to provide the turbo with the recommended 40psi of oil pressure. Four large water jacket ports increase cooling capacity and allow enthusiasts to customize water line routing to help improve the installation process. The turbocharger comes with two -6AN water fittings and two plugs. *Recommended to install waterlines on opposite sides of the housing.*
G-Series Turbine Wheel and Housing
The all new Garrett G series turbine aero found on the G42 has a peak efficiency of 77% and flows 10% more than the outgoing GTX42.
Turbo Speed Sensor
About Garrett® G-Series Series Turbochargers
Garrett® G-Series turbochargers are designed specifically for the hard-core enthusiast who wants optimal performance. The forged fully-machined billet aluminum compressor wheels feature next generation aerodynamics that provide a larger horsepower range and maximize boost response.
Ported shroud compressor housings increase surge resistance and provide reliable, continuous power throughout the power band. A dual ceramic ball bearing cartridge prolongs the lifespan and improves shaft balance. The water cooled CHRA keeps housing temperatures to a minimum. The turbine wheel is constructed from Inconel, a Super Alloy that maintains strength during prolonged exposure to high exhaust gas temperatures.