2017+ Ford F-150 and Raptor Intercooler
- 2017+ F150 EcoBoost
- 2017+ Raptor EcoBoost
- Allows fitment of aftermarket bumpers and winch systems
- Includes adaptive cruise control module relocation
- available to suit OEM or aftermarket BOV
The addition of a high performance air-to-air intercooler is the most important upgrade for turbocharged Ford EcoBoost engines. Also known as the ‘C-A-C’ (Charge Air Cooler) – the cooler the charge air temp the better your chances are of preventing knock. Whether towing or driving hard off-road, OEM coolers can reach 190-220F at max load VS ambient to 100F with only the Full-Race Intercooler upgrade installed. We use efficient and durable bar-and-plate intercoolers with optimized Fin pitch, and expertly TIG welded gussetted brackets / endtanks in precise fixtures. We relocate the intercooler up high in the grille, for increased fresh airflow and to keep out of harm’s way. The upper and lower mountings are hand-fabricated and powder coated black. This intercooler uses 3″ inlet / 3″ outlet and is available with water/meth bungs on the coldside charge pipe. Each intercooler is individually pressure tested to 50 psi before shipping.
The Full-Race Ford F-150 EcoBoost Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit Features:
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with >1000cfm flow rate for <1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels. 70% more internal flow area than stock, using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (compared to the stock 6.5mm air paths)
- Intercooler Lower Mounting Beam
- Intercooler Upper Mounting Bracket
- Aluminum 2017+ specific Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- 2-ply Couplers and t-bolt clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
- Adaptive Cruise Control Relocation Bracket
- Direct Replacement: Plug-and-Play – No tuning required!
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- Hand fabricated, professionally TIG welded endtanks and mounting tabs with bead-rolled charge pipes
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings
- No cutting or permanent modifications required – Direct Bolt On
- Optional Black Anodizing on intercooler for stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F150’s to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories
- Winch Compatibile: Rough Country 1010 hidden-winch mounting plate + VR10000 WARN Winch
F150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse – so strength and durability are mandatory. OEM ecoboost intercoolers use thin aluminum cores crimped with plastic endtanks. This design is low cost, easy to manufacture, and offers adequate cooling for the stock turbos. However high-performance and larger turbos can overwork the stock core, causing ‘heatsoak’ (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power. In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building-up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine causing a misfire event. If you have experienced this often, we recommend using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine’s throttle body.
OEM Electronic Blow Off Valve option
TiAL External Blow Off Valve Option
Turbosmart Smart Port BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
Note 2: Applications which convert from eBOV to Mechanical BOV (TurboSmart or TiAL) – look to see if your intake manifold has an unused vacuum nipple behind the TB. If not, our TB spacer -or- PCV plug are recommended.
Ford F-150 Blow Off Valve Comparison
Full-Race Intercooler (red line) VS Stock Charge-Air-Cooler (blue line)
“The Full-Race Intercooler WORKS. The data showed a drop from 190F IAT2 to almost ambient on a 100% stock truck, changing only the cooler” –Matt A. (SCT/Bullydog lead EcoBoost calibrator)
“I just wanted to let you guys know that y’all make a great product. The workmanship is outstanding, the welds are on point, and the intercooler is just plain badass! I have a 2011 ecoboost and I opted for the bov – it sounds awesome!! I also polished it to a mirror, looks great behind my black grille. thanks again”
“I thought I would send some pics of the intercooler on my truck if you needed anymore for advertising. This thing is amazing and keeps my IAT2 temps within 1* of ambient air temps not matter how hot outside. I truly love the product and how it looks on the truck also. Thanks. -Don Y
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- (866) FULLRACE