BorgWarner AirWerks S366SX3 90° Compressor Outlet aka 9180 66mm S300SX3 (177284)
The S366SX3 S300SX3 9180 is one of the most interesting and versatile BorgWarner/Airwerks turbochargers available. Using an 91.44mm exducer and 66mm inducer compressor, this turbo is essentially a budget EFR 9180. It comes standard as a 90° compressor housing with T4 0.91 A/R single scroll open volute turbine housing. It is easily upgradeable to 0.88 A/R Single Scroll T4 or 1.00 A/R Twin Scroll T4.
The Compressor is a seven bladed 60mm inducer, 91.44mm exducer rated at 78lb/min. Recommended for use in high flow 450-750whp applications compressor housing is a 4″ inlet, 3″ outlet. Due to the extra flow capacity in this turbine wheel, we recommend using the 0.91 A/R for small displacement 4 cyl engines, and the 1.00 A/R for high boost over 26+psi. Journal Bearing and Oil Cooled only (water cooling and BB CHRA not applicable).
- Compressor Wheel Exducer: 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 66mm
- Max Flow Rate: 78 lbs/min
- Max Recommended Turbo Speed: 117199 RPM
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4.0″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 3.0″ Hose Coupler
- Turbine Wheel Exducer: 73.37mm
- Turbine Wheel Inducer: 80mm
- Housing Size and A/R ratio: S366SX3 9180 is available in three (3) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.88 A/R Open Volute T4 Single Scroll Inlet
- 0.91 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet *Included*
- 1.00 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet
Turbine outlet: 3/4 Marmon or Optional 3″ V-Band Upgrade ($150)
BorgWarner’s S300SX3 66mm Turbo Features:
- 4.0″ inlet / 3″ outlet compressor housing
- All-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Interchangeable with existing turbine housings
- 80mm turbine wheel
Airwerks® Series Turbochargers
Simple. Scalable. Strong.
Airwerks turbochargers are designed for the competitive motorsports market as well as drivers retrofitting a naturally aspirated engine or looking for a little more performance from a factory turbocharged car.
Engineered specifically for drag racing, pulling, and road racing, AirWerks turbochargers have earned a reputation as robust, brute-force induction systems. Looking for a no-frills replacement? Want to upgrade your turbocharger? Working with limited space? BorgWarner’s AirWerks turbochargers are the perfect go-to product for many applications.
With a twin hydrodynamic journal bearing design, AirWerks turbochargers feature an effective high-pressure ratio compressor stage, extended-tip technology and a high-efficiency turbine stage. The configuration provides ultra-fast response and more than 70 PSI of boost.