BorgWarner AirWerks S200 SX 7070 aka S250SX (177267)
BorgWarner’s entry level ‘SX-Series’ turbos redefine performance, durability and value for modern turbochargers.
BW utilizes their 70mm turbine wheel with 49.6mm inducer / 70mm exducer FMW compressor in a purpose built S200 SX compressor housing. This is an excellent match for the 220-580hp range (up to 2.6L) or as twin turbos in 440-1160hp applications. Oil-Cooled Journal Bearing only.
This is one of the best values we’ve ever seen in the turbo industry. Designed as a fast spooling and versatile turbocharger, the S200SX compressor uses a 7-blade Extended-Tip design w/ 49.6mm inducer & 70mm exducer rated at ~52 lb/min. 3″ inlet 2″ outlet compressor housing comes standard. The S200SX turbine wheel is a 10 blade turbine with exceptional blade aero, shared with the EFR family. Borg Warner chose the 1.09 A/R Twinscroll T4 footprint to make it a bolt-on for any divided T4 turbo manifold. Ideal for use in quick spooling 220-500+ whp applications.
Full-Race recommends porting the turbine housing inlets to match T4 size openings.
Full-Race Recommends machining the Borg Warner/Airwerks turbocharger outlet and welding on a 3″ Vband flange.
- Compressor Wheel Exducer: 70mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 49.56mm
- Max Flow Rate: ~52 lbs/min (Compressor Map Unavailable)
- Max Recommended Turbo Speed: 138000 RPM (560 m/s)
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 3.0″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.0″ Hose Coupler
- Turbine Wheel Exducer: 61.43mm
- Turbine Wheel Inducer: 70mm
- Housing Size and A/R ratio: S250SX 7070 is available in six (6) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet
- 1.00 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet
- 1.09 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet *Included*
- 1.15 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet
- 1.22 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet
- 1.27 A/R Divided T4 Twin Scroll Inlet
**Can Be Hand Ported to Divided T4 – See Install Tab**
Turbine outlet: 3″ Marmon or Optional 3″ V-Band Upgrade ($150)
BorgWarner’s S200 SX-Enhanced 50mm Turbo Features:
- 3.0″ inlet / 2″ outlet compressor housing
- All-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Interchangeable with existing turbine housings
- 70mm turbine wheel
Airwerks® Series Turbochargers
Simple. Scalable. Strong.
Airwerks turbochargers are designed for the competitive motorsports market as well as drivers retrofitting a naturally aspirated engine or looking for a little more performance from a factory turbocharged car.
Engineered specifically for drag racing, pulling, and road racing, AirWerks turbochargers have earned a reputation as robust, brute-force induction systems. Looking for a no-frills replacement? Want to upgrade your turbocharger? Working with limited space? BorgWarner’s AirWerks turbochargers are the perfect go-to product for many applications.
With a twin hydrodynamic journal bearing design, AirWerks turbochargers feature an effective high-pressure ratio compressor stage, extended-tip technology and a high-efficiency turbine stage. The configuration provides ultra-fast response and more than 70 PSI of boost.