High temperature alloy turbine housing
Extended tip compressor wheel
Water cooled bearing housing
The 1.8L TFSI also uses a compact integrated turbocharger module. Since the manifold and turbine housing are combined to form a single component made of a highly heat-resistance material, this system not only saves space, it also offers thermodynamic advantages.
- Max warm oil pressure: 5 bar (73.5psi)
- Max cold oil pressure: 8 bar (118psi)
- When starting a fresh engine build or in extremely cold climates – oil pressure must reach 0.5bar (7.2psi) within 4 seconds maximum.
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT until full operating oil pressure is present
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT if any boost leaks are present (this can result in turbocharger overspeed)
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- (866) Full-Race