BorgWarner was the first manufacturer to offer Variable Turbine Geometry (VTG) turbochargers for gasoline engines in mass production. Porsche’s 997tt turbo known as “BV50” uses a robust VTG mechanism that works reliably in the toughest of conditions with a CFD-Optimized vanepack. The 997 GT2 BV50 turbos are a higher performance variant of the same turbo using an upgraded compressor and turbine for increased horsepower in a reliable bolt-on configuration
- Max warm oil pressure: 5 bar (73.5psi)
- Max cold oil pressure: 8 bar (118psi)
- When starting a fresh engine build or in extremely cold climates – oil pressure must reach 0.5bar (7.2psi) within 4 seconds maximum.
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT until full operating oil pressure is present
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT if any boost leaks are present (this can result in turbocharger overspeed)
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- (866) Full-Race