Porsche 997 GT2 BorgWarner BV50 Twin Turbo Upgrade
BorgWarner was the first manufacturer to offer Variable Turbine Geometry (VTG) turbochargers for gasoline engines in mass production. Porsche’s 997tt turbo known as “BV50” uses a robust VTG mechanism that works reliably in the toughest of conditions with a CFD-Optimized vanepack. The 997 GT2 BV50 turbos are a higher performance variant of the same turbo using an upgraded compressor and turbine for increased horsepower in a reliable bolt-on configuration
- Max warm oil pressure: 5 bar (73.5psi)
- Max cold oil pressure: 8 bar (118psi)
- When starting a fresh engine build or in extremely cold climates – oil pressure must reach 0.5bar (7.2psi) within 4 seconds maximum.
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT until full operating oil pressure is present
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT if any boost leaks are present (this can result in turbocharger overspeed)