BorgWarner AirWerks S500 SXE 120110 aka S588SX-E
Utilizing the latest generation 87.93mm billet EFR compressor wheel aerodynamics with uprated 360 degree thrust assemblies, the all new ‘SX-Enhanced’ turbos redefine performance and value for modern turbochargers.
This proven design is packaged in a purpose built SX-E compressor housing with ported-shroud inlet and speed sensor port. It is paired with traditional Airwerks 110mm Inconel Turbine and Flexible Housing options. The brand new 87.93mm S500SX-E Turbocharger from Borg Warner is the 2nd largest T6 turbo in the Airwerks lineup. Higher airflow rates make this an excellent match for high-boost and high-power 88mm drag racing applications. Thermals are taken care of by an Oil-Cooled Journal Bearing only.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (Exducer): 120.00mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 87.93mm
- Max Flow Rate: 162 lb/min
- Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 605 m/s
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 6″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 3.5″ V-Band or Hose Coupler
- Turbine Type: Inconel S500SX Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 110mm
- Housing Material: D5S sandcast
- Housing Size and A/R ratio: S500SX-E 120110 (S588SX-E) is available in eight (8) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.85 A/R T6 Single Scroll
- 1.00 A/R T6 Single Scroll
- 1.15 A/R T6 Single Scroll
- 1.30 A/R T6 Single Scroll w/ 0.50″ Longer Discharge
- 1.45 A/R T6 *Single* Scroll 4.25″ Centerline
- 1.15 A/R T6 Twin Scroll
- 1.45 A/R T6 Twin Scroll 3.62″ Centerline
- 1.60 A/R T6 Twin Scroll
- Turbine Outlet: 5.75″ Marmon
BorgWarner SX-E Turbo Features:
- Available as a complete turbo -or- Supercore (no turbine housing) to retrofit existing Airwerks installations.
- Forged milled compressor wheels with Optimized compressor blade aerodynamics
- All-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Compressor cover integrated speed sensor port and pre-machined boost port
- Flexible compressor cover outlet options: coupler or vband
- Interchangeable with existing Airwerks turbine housings for plug-and-play upgrades
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
Airwerks® Series Turbochargers
Simple. Scalable. Strong.
Airwerks turbochargers are designed for the competitive motorsports market as well as drivers retrofitting a naturally aspirated engine or looking for a little more performance from a factory turbocharged car.
Engineered specifically for drag racing, pulling, and road racing, AirWerks turbochargers have earned a reputation as robust, brute-force induction systems. Looking for a no-frills replacement? Want to upgrade your turbocharger? Working with limited space? BorgWarner’s AirWerks turbochargers are the perfect go-to product for many applications.
With a twin hydrodynamic journal bearing design, AirWerks turbochargers feature an effective high-pressure ratio compressor stage, extended-tip technology and a high-efficiency turbine stage. The configuration provides ultra-fast response and more than 70 PSI of boost.