BorgWarner AirWerks S400 SXE 11096 aka S488SX-E
Utilizing the latest generation 87.93mm billet EFR compressor wheel aerodynamics with uprated 360 degree thrust assemblies, the all new ‘SX-Enhanced’ turbos redefine performance and value for modern turbochargers.
This proven design is packaged in a purpose built SX-E compressor housing with ported-shroud inlet and speed sensor port. It is paired with traditional Airwerks 96mm Inconel Turbine and Flexible Housing options. The brand new 87.93mm S400SX-E Turbocharger from Borg Warner is the 3rd largest T6 turbo in the Airwerks lineup. Ideal for applications which require more airflow than the Garrett GTX45R or 76mm S400SX, but also want better fitment than most T6 turbos. Higher airflow rates make this an excellent match for high-boost and high-power 88mm drag racing applications. Thermals are taken care of by an Oil-Cooled Journal Bearing only.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (Exducer): 110.00mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 87.93mm
- Max Flow Rate: 162 lb/min
- Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 605 m/s
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 5.5″ Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 3.5″ V-Band or Hose Coupler
- Turbine Type: Inconel S400SX Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 96mm
- Housing Material: D5S sandcast
- Housing Size and A/R ratio: S400SX-E 11096 (S488SX-E) is available in four (4) different turbine housing configurations:
- 1.15 A/R T6 Twin Scroll
- 1.32 A/R T6 Twin Scroll
- 1.45 A/R T6 Twin Scroll
- 1.58 A/R T6 Twin Scroll
- Turbine Outlet: 5.75″ Marmon
BorgWarner SX-E Turbo Features:
- Available as a complete turbo -or- Supercore (no turbine housing) to retrofit existing Airwerks installations.
- Forged milled compressor wheels with Optimized compressor blade aerodynamics
- All-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Compressor cover integrated speed sensor port and pre-machined boost port
- Flexible compressor cover outlet options: coupler or vband
- Interchangeable with existing Airwerks turbine housings for plug-and-play upgrades
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
Airwerks® Series Turbochargers
Simple. Scalable. Strong.
Airwerks turbochargers are designed for the competitive motorsports market as well as drivers retrofitting a naturally aspirated engine or looking for a little more performance from a factory turbocharged car.
Engineered specifically for drag racing, pulling, and road racing, AirWerks turbochargers have earned a reputation as robust, brute-force induction systems. Looking for a no-frills replacement? Want to upgrade your turbocharger? Working with limited space? BorgWarner’s AirWerks turbochargers are the perfect go-to product for many applications.
With a twin hydrodynamic journal bearing design, AirWerks turbochargers feature an effective high-pressure ratio compressor stage, extended-tip technology and a high-efficiency turbine stage. The configuration provides ultra-fast response and more than 70 PSI of boost.