Turbosmart EFR IWG75 Twin Port Actuator
Full-Race stocks Turbosmart IWG’s with 3x IWG spring stacks, 23psi and 26psi total. This can be 5psi, 7psi, 11psi or any combination
Turbosmart’s Dual Port Internal-WG Actuator utilizes the same spring stack and sealed upper actuator design as their single port but now also utilizes a lower diaphragm canister for more accurate boost control. This Twin Port wastegateis best suited to BorgWarner EFR turbo installs which require a wider range of boost pressures than a standard single port actuator is capable of. Recommended for use with 4port boost control solenoid.
Actuator Arm Lengths:
- IWG75 Borg Warner EFR Twin Port B1 Single Scroll 120mm Rod Black
- IWG75 Borg Warner EFR Twin Port B1 Twin Scroll 140mm Rod Black
- IWG75 Borg Warner EFR Twin Port B2 Single and Twin Scroll 160mm Rod Black
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
This Internal wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All possible spring combinations are shown in the table below. The tuner can use a combinations of up to 3 springs to achieve the desired base boost pressure. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied color coded. If this color coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. Take note of the instructions on setting your wastegate actuator spring pressure, 2-3mm total preload. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired.
If a 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
If a 4 port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- (866) Full-Race