Turbosmart Borg Warner EFR IWG75 Twin Port Internal Wastegate Actuator for B1 and B2 EFR Housings
WHAT IS A WASTEGATE?
HOW A WASTEGATE WORKS
WHAT IS AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE?
- Advanced flow technology, making our wastegate range high flowing to suit all applications
- Unrivalled heat handling capacity. Lab tested and race proven.
- A solid, one-piece coated valve
- Advanced silicone Nomex diaphragm
WHEN IS AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE NEEDED?
WHAT IS AN INTERNAL WASTEGATE ACTUATOR?
Actuator Arm Lengths:
- IWG75 Twin Port Universal 150mm Rod Black
- IWG75 Borg Warner EFR Twin Port B1 Single Scroll 120mm Rod Black
- IWG75 Borg Warner EFR Twin Port B1 Twin Scroll 140mm Rod Black
- IWG75 Borg Warner EFR Twin Port B2 Single and Twin Scroll 160mm Rod Black
TWIN PORT ACTUATOR
- More precise boost curve and wider range between minimum and maximum boost compared to conventional single-port actuators
- Ideal for traction-limited applications where precise control is important, such as front-wheel-drive or drag racing vehicles
- Billet construction for greater durability and strength than a stock wastegate actuator
- Improved response means boost comes on faster and holds longer, with less drop off at high RPM
- Interchangeable springs for a huge range of boost levels
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT TURBOSMART WASTEGATES
- Turbosmart wastegates offer superior flow path and high temperature resistance. They are designed and manufactured using the latest technologies.
- Turbosmart wastegates are market leaders in their sectors, outperforming and outlasting the competition.
- Used on thousands of race cars, boats and plane around the world, they are used and recommended by a number of World Champions.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
This Internal wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All possible spring combinations are shown in the table below. The tuner can use a combinations of up to 3 springs to achieve the desired base boost pressure. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied color coded. If this color coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. Take note of the instructions on setting your wastegate actuator spring pressure, 2-3mm total preload. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired.
If a 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
If a 4 port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) Full-Race