BorgWarner EFR 9174 Turbo
The EFR9174 is a brand new release for 2016 from BorgWarner Turbo Systems. This hybrid turbo uses the lightweight alloy bearing housing derived from Indycar with a 67mm inducer compressor. EFR9174 is intended for applications which will push a turbo to the limit with high boost and critically high turbo shaft speed. This unique turbo was designed specifically by BW engineering to combine the high flowing 91mm compressor with fast spooling 74mm turbine wheel. The use of a 74mm turbine wheel allows for a max turbo speed of 125k RPM vs 116k for the bigger EFR9180.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 67.7mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
Using Borg Warner’s 91mm FMW compressor (67.7mm inducer) the 9174 houses our traditional 7 blade EFR extended-tip compressor wheel design capable of 94 lb/min airflow rate. Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling optional (recommended). We strongly recommend using an EFR Speed Sensor if you plan to run to the limit.
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
The EFR 9174 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG)
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG)
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG)
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG)
1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll External-WG
0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG)
Optional 2000 Degree Coating
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings – lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in oil control orifice – (aka oil restrictor) **no restrictor can be used with EFR turbos
- Watercooled Center Section – watercooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) FULLRACE