Honda FG/FA Civic R18 EFR T25 IWG Turbo Manifold
Full-Race R18 Turbo Manifold – The R18 turbo manifold design was based upon the Honda Integrated Manifold design, as used in their LMP1/LMP2 and CRZ Type-R platforms. Simple, clean, effective and true Full-Race tradition. Starting with Full-Race’s 1/2″ thick (extra beefy!) 1018 steel head flange, going to our high-flowing TIG welded 8-gauge thickwall stainless steel runner and connected by our textbook welds, this manifold sets the standard by which other turbo manifolds are judged.
Note: EGT bung on the manifold available as a special order request
Note: Full-Race recommends 2000°F Ceramic Coating on our manifolds, downpipes, and turbine housings.
Honda Motor company designed the lightweight low-friction “R-Series engines” for excellent fuel efficiency/MPG, low emissions, and long life. Found in 2006+ non-Si Civics (R18) and international Accords and CRVs (R20), the R-series cylinder head features an integrated exhaust manifold for maximum exhaust heat energy and “fast catalytic converter warmup”. The downside to this cylinder head design is poor “All-Motor” Naturally-Aspirated power … However, the upside of this design from a performance enthusiast perspective is it’s perfect for a turbokit: the increased heat energy which normally helps to warm up the cat faster – now helps spool the turbo faster (which is just fine by us turbo honda afficionados). These additional MPG technologies only help to make great power under boost. great video here: Honda Worldwide | New 1.8l i-VTEC Engine and one more good link here: Honda Worldwide | July 5, 2005 “Honda Develops New 1.8l i-VTEC Engine”
Top 10 things that make the R18 perfect for boost
- ultra-lightweight engine, and transmission, showing cyl head with integrated manifold
- Bore and Stroke are identical to the legendary GSR and ITR B18
- The R18 uses a full 1-piece main bearing girdle
- “Long-rod” Forged Steel Connecting rods with rod BOLTS (not studs – easy to upgrade to ARP hardware)
- The R18 has a 10% reduction in friction from a special cylinder wall hone and moly-sulfide bead blast and ion treated piston rings. High durability and low friction.
- pistons cooled by built-in oil jets (typically only found on high end honda motors). This is important for a turbocharged engine which has increased piston temperatures.
- cylinder head design is an ultra efficient way to deliver high temp exh gasses immediately to a turbocharger
- Easy to disable EGR using OE Honda components
- the R20 is available for more power and any R18 guys looking for BIG power can do a bottom end swap to the R20 (or sleeve your R18 to 2.0L!)
- Hondata FlashPRO is available!! MAF based engine management makes tuning very accurate and simple
Full-Race became interested in the R-series engines by way of BorgWarner’s partnership with Honda Research & Development. While testing some early EFR turbochargers on prototype engines, Honda saw incredible performance results using the integrated manifold. The integrated exhaust manifold cylinder head design, combined with a special VTEC system (which delivers improved fuel efficiency not power), requires that the turbo system be engineered to properly compliment the engine’s unique flow characteristics. We quickly learned what the integrated manifold engines were capable of with the EFR turbo technology, and became interested to see what the R18 could do.
The Full-Race R18 turbo kit is designed to be exceptionally powerful and very fast spooling while generating huge area-under-the-curve yet maintaining quick response and spool. When it came to designing the specifications, Full-Race engineers followed the same design philosophy as our other legendary turbo systems – offering maximum versatility and value to our customers. After a long and thorough development period, Full-Race is proud to release the R18 turbo kit – merging reliable boosted performance AND excellent fuel efficiency.
We suggest the EFR 6258 0.64 A/R (quick spooling, for street and road-race/autocross applications) or EFR 6758 (street/drag strip setup, 300rpm later spooling, with more top end power). Using the smallest of all the EFR turbos at low boost 8-9psi netted 255whp on a 100% stock Civic R18 engine (upgraded only with clutch and Hondata Flashpro/RDX injectors/fuel pump), the Full-Race R18 turbo kit reliably generates a minimum of 230-250+whp on 91-93 octane pump gas at the low boost setting. With larger turbochargers and race gas, over 400+whp is attainable (power range dependent upon turbocharger used and boost level set. 400+whp requires significant engine and fuel mods). ***FULL-RACE ENGINEERS RECOMMEND THE EFR 6258 FOR STOCK R18 ENGINES, AND THE EFR 6758 FOR BUILT R18 ENGINES***
T25 EFR Turbo Options:
Key Design Features:
- CAD designed
- Robotic TIG welding ensures superior strength and long service life
- 100% Handmade in the USA from high grade thickwall stainless steel
- Specifically designed for BorgWarner EFR T25 0.85 A/R fitment
- Sealing surfaces machined flat ensuring a leak free seal
- 1 Year Warranty
Optional 2000°F Black or Silver Ceramic Coating:
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- (866) Full-Race