Turbosmart IWG75 Single Port Internal Wastegate Actuator
WHAT IS A WASTEGATE
HOW A WASTEGATE WORKS
WHAT IS AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE?
- Advanced flow technology, making our wastegate range high flowing to suit all applications
- Unrivalled heat handling capacity. Lab tested and race proven.
- A solid, one-piece coated valve
- Advanced silicone Nomex diaphragm
WHEN IS AN EXTERNAL WASTEGATE NEEDED
WHAT IS AN INTERNAL WASTEGATE ACTUATOR?
- Base spring pressure available from 3PSI to 26PSI
- Stable boost control
- Improved boost response
- Flatter boost curve in the top end
- A range of vehicle/turbo specific applications
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT TURBOSMART WASTEGATES
- Turbosmart wastegates offer superior flow path and high temperature resistance. They are designed and manufactured using the latest technologies.
- Turbosmart wastegates are market leaders in their sectors, outperforming and outlasting the competition.
- Used on thousands of race cars, boats and plane around the world, they are used and recommended by a number of World Champions.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON SETTING THE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR SPRING PRESSURE
The wastegate actuator allows for different combinations of spring pressures. All springs that are adaptable with the wastegate actuator are shown in the table below. To aid in the identification of these springs they are supplied colour coded. If this colour coding is not clear please use the dimensions in the following table to identify the spring. The springs chosen should be rated to the lowest boost level desired. Typically with a single port IWG, the stiffer the spring the earlier a given turbo will spool, since the WG does not bypass any exhaust gas during spoolup.
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Turbosmart recommends adjusting your boost controller back to its minimum setting (or unplugging the solenoid) and measuring the new minimum boost pressure achieved by the new spring, before increasing your boost pressure again.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
If a 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid is used, this is the correct plumbing orientation diagram:
For additional information and/or related questions, feel free to contact us.
- [email protected]
- (866) Full-Race