Gold Heat Reflecting Film (Self Adhesive)
Full-Race’s Gold Heat Reflective Film is capable of reflecting 78% of all radiant heat with continuous operating temperatures rated at 450 degrees centigrade. Sold in a 1 foot x 2 foot sheet, the material is metalized polyamide polymer laminated glass cloth with a high temperature pressure sensitive adhesive. The film is lightweight at only 5oz per square yard, and is easy to apply and remove. Simply clean the area to receive the foil with rubbing or denatured alcohol – ensure no grease or dirt – and place the film on like a sticker.
Typical applications include; but are not limited to: wiring, hoses, lines, sensors (near headers or exhaust) engine covers, suspension, under trays/floors, seat bottoms, fire walls and bulkheads. The minimum air gap to heat source is just 1mm.
Gold Reflective Film forms to any shape, is far more reflective with greater weight saving and is preferred over traditional aluminized cloth and waffle board.
- Metalized polyimide film laminated to glass cloth with high temperature acrylic adhesive protected by a release liner.
- Excellent heat reflective characteristics and is easy to install.
- Withstands 675°F / 450°C radiant heat for a minimum of 8 hours
- Durable and Rugged, long lasting
- Heat reflective material is used in the auto racing industry.
Adhesive residue removal: Any adhesive residue remaining after removal of Gold Racing Tape can be dissolved using MEK, toluene or gasoline