BorgWarner EFR 8474 Turbo
BorgWarner EFR8474 Turbo
BorgWarner EFR8474 Turbo
The BorgWarner EFR 8474 Turbo Bring State-of-the-art Design and Powerful Performance
The EFR8474 represents the state-of-the-art from BorgWarner Turbo Systems. The winner of Pike's Peak Unlimited class for the last 2 years, 8474 is intended for applications that require an unmatched response and a broad powerband in the 500-800+hp range.
Designed specifically to win races, BorgWarner engineering designed the 84mm compressor wheel with lower inertia than the 83mm it supersedes. The combination of a high flowing 68mm compressor inducer with a low inertia and quick spooling 84mm exducer allows the same footprint to breathe a LOT better up top without compromising low-end response and midrange torque.
Efficiency plateaus are widened as a result and higher pressure ratios can be better utilized. Using Borg Warner’s large inducer “black series” 84mm billet compressor (68mm inducer) the 8474 houses the EFR extended-tip compressor wheel design capable of 95 lb/min airflow rate. Using the same 74mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel from the EFR8374, this turbo flows an impressive 95lbs/min of air at the same 127k RPM maximum shaft speed. That’s a 22% improvement in flow on the same turbo size! We strongly recommend using an EFR Speed Sensor if you plan to run this turbo to the limit (125krpm+).
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 84mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 68mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated compressor recirculation valve
- Compressor Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Compressor Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings—lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in 2mm oil restrictor
- Watercooled Center Section—watercooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
- EFR 8474 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG) #12741008000
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG) #12741008001
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741019002
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741008003
If you have questions about this product or its installation, contact us.
For SHOP OWNERs
& KIT BUILDERs
Full-Race Motorsports is the most
trusted name in turbocharging.