Precision PTE Gen2 PW46 46mm Wastegate
PTE Gen2 46mm Wastegate
PTE Gen2 46mm Wastegate
Let Precision PTE Gen2 PW46 46mm Wastegate Control Boost Pressure and Get the Most Out of Your Turbo
Precision's high-quality yet economical PW46 46mm external wastegate is for the automotive enthusiast looking to get the most from their turbocharged car, truck, or any other vehicle. The PW46 is made from high-grade, high-temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components. It features our own purpose-designed Kevlar reinforced wastegate diaphragm and a 347 stainless investment cast valve body. The company's cast valve body has a smooth internal surface, providing better flow and more accurate boost control.
The PW46 was designed to be a direct replacement for other existing 44mm wastegate flanges but will work best with the flange provided. The PW46 features a nickel-chromium alloy valve and 5 different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs. Also included are stainless steel inlet and outlet flanges. With a satin black anodized, 6061 aluminum billet wastegate cap you will have years of good looks and protection from the elements. The PW46 is generally compatible with most aftermarket manual and electronic boost controllers on the market today.
With over 60 years of combined turbocharger development and racing experience, Precision Turbo knows what it takes to make quality parts and upgrades, and this Gen2 PW46mm Wastegate is no exception.
PW46 External Wastegate Features
- High-grade, high-temperature stainless steel and billet aluminum components for the best in strength, style, and functionality at an affordable price
- A 347 stainless investment cast valve body to provide consistent performance without fatigue or failure while also allowing for accurate boost control
- An internal nickel-chromium alloy valve
- 5 different 17-7 precipitation hardened springs for further adjustment of boost levels
- Standard bolt-style flange configuration for easy mounting
- A satin black anodized finish with 6061 aluminum billet cap
- All clamps necessary for installation
PW46 External Wastegate Overview
PW46 External Wastegate Installation Instructions:
- The PW46 wastegate is compatible with TiAL's 44MM wastegate weld flange, for a trouble-free bolt-on replacement.
- Be sure to install the valve seat into the body of the wastegate before final installation.
- Tighten the supplied bolts to 85-90 inch /lbs (9.6 – 10.2 Newton-meters).
- In order to assure proper boost control, your PW46 wastegate needs to be mounted at a smooth transitional angle with the exhaust flow. 90° mounting onto exhaust tubing is NOT recommended. Refer to the diagrams below.
- Inlet and Outlet flanges are constructed of, 304 stainless steel and are compatible with most stainless steel and mild steel welding rod material.
- It is recommended to secure all vacuum and or boost control hoses securely with zip ties or cushioned clamps. Route all vacuum hoses away from high heat sources such as the turbine housing and exhaust manifold.
- Your PW46 wastegate includes two hose barb banjo assemblies and one pressure port cap. Allowing you to install the lower hose barb banjo assembly in one of two locations, depending on your wastegate mounting position.
- Allow for cool airflow around the top billet wastegate cover.
- Use caution when working on a hot engine. Wastegate and turbocharger components are EXTREMELY HOT and can cause severe burns.
- Wastegate outlet can be routed back into the exhaust system or vented to the atmosphere. Note that venting to the atmosphere only applies to OFF-ROAD VEHICLES. Venting wastegate exhaust into the atmosphere may be ILLEGAL and considered to be emissions-related tampering under applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
The PTE PW46 external wastegate is designed to be a direct fit replacement for other units on the market and is compatible with most aftermarket manual or electronic boost controllers for ease of use.
As an added bonus, all 46mm Precision Turbo PW46 wastegates are warranted to be free from the manufacturer's defect for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles.
Included In The Box:
- Fitting a heavier wastegate actuator spring may cause a higher than expected increase in boost pressure.
- Use of a turbocharger speed sensor is a good idea if you plan to run very high boost levels
If you have questions about this product or its installation, contact us.
Universal Installation Parts
2.5" 45 Degree Coupler Extra Long
2.5" Silicone Hump Hose
Full-Race Billet Medium GT Oil Drain Flange (1/2" NPT)
3" V-Band Flanges
Full-Race 304 Stainless Steel 3" V-Band Flange Kit
T3 T4 Oil Feed Flange
10mm M10 Inconel Turbo Stud Hardware Kit T3 T4 Turbos
4 Bolt Downpipe Turbine Flange For GT, GTX and T3/T4 Garrett Turbos
Full-Race Billet Vacuum / Boost Reference Manifold Block
Silicone 4" 45 Degree Intake Elbow / Coupler
Full-Race T4 Divided 5 Layer Inconel Gasket
3.0" 3-Bolt Exhaust Flange for Downpipe and Exhaust Connections
T3 Open Turbine Flange
Large GT/GTX Oil Drain Flange
T4 Open Turbine Flange
T4 Divided Turbine Flange
Full-Race 304 Stainless Steel 4" V-band Flanges
T3 Turbine Flange Gasket
For SHOP OWNERs
& KIT BUILDERs
Full-Race Motorsports is the most
trusted name in turbocharging.